I would like to connect some routers to a PIX Firewall Series (from 1997)
running version 4.1 as shown :

                                    ---------------
customer        ------ R1 ---|               |
customer        ------ R2 ---|               |
customer        ------ R3 ---|               |
                         .             |               |   (trunking)
                         .             | Catalyst 1900 | -------------- PIX
                         .             |    or  2900   |
                                 |               |
                         .             |               |
customer        -------Rn--- |               |
                                        --------------

I imagined that would be possible to build VLANs, one to each router, and
make usage of a trunking port connect to the PIX Firewall. Someone could
tell me if it is a good solution for security ? The ethernet ports and this
software version of the PIX Firewall support the trunking protocols ISL and
802.1q ?

Joco Paulo Simionato - CCNA CSCO10255826
Support Trainee Analyst
Worldwide Customer Services - NCR Brazil
*+55+11+33471172
*V+ 385 1172
* mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit our web-site : www.ncr.com