Yep,

I see what you're saying.
I set up something similar the other day. I must admit I didn't think too
much about it at the time, and I may just go back and give it a good
testing.
I set up a leased line with an ISDN multilink backup using floating statics.
Configured one policy, key, transform-set, and related access-list. Then
applied the same crypto map to the serial and BRI, just with different peer
IP addresses for Serial and BRI.

I thought at the time about configuring both routers to use the peers
loopback address, but didn't do it eventually.
I think the routers won't care what the path is between them, just that
there is a path and they see the same peer whichever way they are routed.

If anybody can think of problems/side-effects with this set-up, I'd be
grateful to hear.
If not, hopefully I'll get chance to set it up some time next week.

Regards,

Gaz