From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Mohamed El Komy
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 7:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Fast Switching on Cisco Routers [7:9753]

I'd like to know "which is the default switching in Cisco Routers for TCP/IP
traffic?" Is it Process or Fast Switching?"
Also there're some questions I need an answer to:

1- When issuning debug commands,do I need to turn off Fast Switching ?
2- Which leads to more CPU and Memory utilization: Process or Fast Swithing?
3- What's the differnece between Fast,Autonomous,Silicon and Optimum
Switching?

I also need some technical papers about Distributed Switching using VIP
cards on Cisco 7500 series and its Architecture.

Thanks,
komy