Heres a Berkowitz reply from the last time you asked this.

Remember that TCP only understands a byte stream, not the structure
of application records within it. Brian is correct about one
application for interactive traffic.

Another might be if you had, let's say, 2000 byte application
records, but the window size had worked its way up to 64 K.  You
might not want to wait for the window to fill before a given record
was sent, so you might push it.  Doing so does not optimize
throughput, but would improve application latency. Everything is a
tradeoff.

Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 9:19 AM
Subject: TCP push Flag [7:9808]