> --- Jim Bond  wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My client is a Cisco shop and they have many offices
> > all over the world. They want to make sure that only
> > authorized person can connect to their network.
> > Their
> > concern is that someone may just walk into one of
> > their offices and plug in a laptop and then is on
> > their network. How can we prevent this?
> >
> > The only thing I can think of is create a MAC
> > database
> > and implement security on the 6509 switches. But to
> > create and manage tens of thousands of MAC addresses
> > is a pain. Is there any other way?

Perhaps you should look into the User Registration Tool
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/wrurto.htm

When a user logs in to an NT domain, their VLAN is changed to the proper
one. Users who cannot login are stuck on the default VLAN which has no
access to anything.

David C Prall   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://dcp.dcptech.com