Art,

Given the nature of the data, you could graph it as a gauge integer(Options:
gauge) but the graph really wouldn't give you any practical data (boring to
look at and easy to miss the blips). Besides, it wouldn't give you uptime -
just the average of the values gathered. In broad terms, you're asking MRTG
to graph binary data. Yes, I know there are 3 values, but the principle is
the same. Also there's the matter of timeliness. With MRTG, the info would
only be graphed at whatever interval you set MRTG to use (default = 5 min)
and if there's no response, the value is automatically zero. SNMP traps are
more timely.

It sounds like what you need is to set up a monitoring program or syslog
server to gather traps and set up the router to send them when any of these
conditions occur. There are any number of programs out there that handle
this (including some freeware). If what you're looking for is some way to
monitor/record uptime... well, you have options. You could write a script to
parse the syslog info and do up the information for you in a nice
presentable format, you could parse the information by hand, or you can use
a network monitoring program like ipMonitor, WhatsUp Gold, SNMPc, etc...
Personally, I prefer scripts. More flexible and lets you post the info to an
internal web page automatically in whatever format you like. ...I'm a big
fan of automated administrivia. Saves time and makes you look like you can
walk on water.  :-)

HTH,
        Karen