With regard to the Window sizes agreeing a common
value (1024) the answer is generally no.
Let Host A have a large buffer and host B have a small
buffer. If the window sizes had to agree then the
window would have no choice but to take the smaller
size. The window sizes are for host A and host B
respectively.

HTH,

Phil.
 --- Ryan Ngai Hon Kong  wrote: >
Hi all,

> I guess I'm repeating this question again. But
> hopefully someone could point
> how do I go about this.
>
> Initial Syn, host A send out this number. Size=512,
> Seq = 1234 ACK=333
> and B reply Size=1024, Seq=5435 ACK=444. What would
> A reply/see?
>
> I guess the Seq and ACK should be incrementing by 1,
> but what about the
> window size? Since startup is 512 and B reply 1024,
> would A reply as 1024?
>
> Regards,
> Ryan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]