Most of you are probably aware of this already, but just as a reminder...

Be extremely CAREFUL of outside scam artists that try to solicit and try to
sell you Cisco equipment (or anything for that matter) by contacting you
directly.

I'm constantly bidding/selling on ebay in search of good deals and
occasionally I get emailed outside of auctions if I am interested in
purchasing the same equipment directly.  This one person emailed me the
following offer and he seemed pretty innocent and professional.  He offered
sell me 2514's at $450 (very good price) and 2513's at $550 (way too
reasonable), all loaded with 16/16 memory.

I agreed to his offer and informed him that I could deliver cash if he was in
the local area, or pay via COD or escrow.  He came back claiming that he
supposedly "lost tons of money and equipment" through COD and didn't want to
pay costs for escrow (although I offered to split the costs with him).  He
basically said that he could only accept payment of wire transfer and that I
could "trust" him to ship out on the same day on receipt of payment.  I asked
why he didn't post those items on ebay and he says that he'd rather do
business with people directly.  (go figure)  I ended up politely declining
his
offer.  He was never rude or discourteous to me though.

So in a nutshell, be really careful of these types of people.  Who knows, he
could've been legit and honestly been trying to sell decent equipment and
fairly low prices.  Maybe he doesn't want to list his name and maybe he
doesn't have his own business email address, but I'm 99% sure that this guy
is
out to make a quick scam on some sucker who will fall for his trick.