I think I went through the same midlife crisis.  I thought I wanted to be a
math teacher.  I have had all the way up
through differential equations.  I didn't finish my degree because I hated
english, gov and history... But since I enjoyed
the one on one more with students who wanted to learn, I became a math tutor
at a jr college.  It was very very
rewarding when students who supposedly had learning disorders blossomed in
algebra...with me teaching them.  It was
like patting myself on the back when they got a A.

And..I am glad to hear..

a+ is hard......good.  I hope I am adequately prepared.  We shall see...  I
also have my standards.  I would rather have a
hard test and still get a high score, in contrast to an easy test and get
100%.  But I will be ashamed to walk out with a
61%, no matter how hard or easy the test is.

I knew I would be taking this test.  I have 98 and 2k both installed to play
with.  I do 95 at work.  I took a 3.x class on
line.  And we mustn't forget the networking essentials class, the 98 and the
nt.  So, I think I will pass, but I just can't say
at this point what my prediction of my score might be.

Jennifer

6/27/2001 5:49:32 PM, "Priscilla Oppenheimer"  wrote:

>Maybe 40% of the questions are extremely difficult or picky. With operating
>systems, it would be possible to ask some really esoteric questions.
>
>Tests go through a beta period. The results are statistically analyzed to
>determine what the passing score is. With a good test, the results are
>bimodal. There's a large group of people who clearly didn't know the
>material, and a large group who clearly did.
>
>Many high schools today use project-based learning. Kids build computers
>and networks, and write books and software programs, and create art
>installations and organic gardens. Multiple-choice tests are out of favor.
>At least that is what I learned in the education classes I took recently
>while going through a mid-life crisis that made me think I would like to be
>a high-school teacher. We did mostly project-based learning and the
>students were amazingly creative and resourceful, and surprisingly good
>trouble-shooters. I think it's all the adventure video games they play. ;-)
>
>Anyway, the A+ people could change the perception of their test by making
>it easier and having a higher passing score, but it is all relative.
>
>Priscilla
>
>At 04:02 PM 6/27/01, Jennifer Cribbs wrote:
>>I know this is not cisco, but I am taking a+os in the morning and just
>>wanted to tell someone.  It seems with each test I
>>take, the necessary score to pass is lower and lower....
>>
>>Who decides that 60% or 70% or 80% is passing on tests?  It seems like
>>anyone should get at least 80% to pass, or
>>something close to it anyway.  When I was in school 60% was failing....My
>>how standards have changed.
>>
>>Makes me wonder if high schools have the same low standards and are pushing
>>the kids through instead of teaching
>>them to keep getting that money for each student...  Hence, we have
>>graduates who can't read.  I know this is non
>>cisco related, but my thoughts are on this today.  And I am sure not all
>>high schools are this way...I want to make that
>>perfectly clear.
>>
>>Have a great day!!
>>Jennifer
>
>Priscilla Oppenheimer