From: Sam Sneed
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29/06/01 20:58
Subject: HSRP [7:10428]

I was doing a little research on HSRP and had a question for anyone who
has
configured it. I read the whole RFC 2281 and could not find my answer
there.
If you have two routers running HSRP with T1 lines to the internet, 1 is
the
standby and one is the active. Does all traffic only go through the
active
at all times unless it dies? If so isn't it a waste not ever utilizing
the
T1 line thats on standby (of course until the active fails)?

If bandwidth exceeded 1.5MB would the second router kick in to share the
load or would it totally take over?

With these 2 routers acting as a single virtual router would throughput
ever be able to exceed 1.54 MB assuming each has its own T1 connection?

thanks