I am trying to implement a Radius dial access configuration, using
Ciscosecure 2.6 for Windows.  I have noticed the following:

When I set up my NaS and AAA server for radius, the client can only be
properly authenticated with PAP.  If I use chap, then apparently the NAS
refuses to authenticate, and I constantly get a debug messages like "peer
unable to authenticate" messages.  This happens even though I have checked
about a thousand times that the password is indeed correct, and that
Ciscosecure has been configured to use the password for chap.  As soon as I
configure the dial client for PAP (not the NAS, but the client), everything
immediately authenticates and works perfectly.

This is really odd because if I switch CS and the NAS to speak Tacacs+, then
the client can authenticate with chap perfectly.  It is only when I use
radius and client chap do I get this stupid problem.

Has anybody ever seen this?