Hello everyone,

I am having a bit of an ISDN related problem at the moment and was wondering
if anyone is able to help.

I am connecting two sites together via 128k isdn, with one site having a 2611
and the other a 1700.

I have the two sites permanently connected fine with the first B channel,
however whenever I issue the "dialer load-threshold 1 either" command one
each
router to always have the 2nd B channel up, the second B channel connects and
remains connected for 20 seconds exactly before disconnecting.  The 1st B
channel remains connected regardless.

I have tried changing the idle-timeout values to no avail, and just cant
figure it out.

I guess it is probably something simple, but just cant work it out.

Here is the BRI config of the 2611:

username clarendon2-gw password 7 094E1B040D0210
!
hostname clarendon
ip subnet-zero
no ip finger
!
ipx routing 0030.854f.c9e0
ipx gns-response-delay 1500
isdn switch-type basic-net3
!
!
interface BRI0/1
 ip unnumbered BRI0/0
 encapsulation ppp
 no ip mroute-cache
 dialer idle-timeout 2000000
 dialer enable-timeout 5
 dialer wait-for-carrier-time 15
 dialer map ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx name clarendon2-gw broadcast
 dialer map ipx FEEDBEEF.0002.1761.29dd name clarendon2-gw broadcast
 dialer load-threshold 1 either
 dialer-group 1
 ipx network FEEDBEEF
 no ipx route-cache
 ipx watchdog-spoof
 isdn switch-type basic-net3
 isdn calling-number xxxxxxxx
 no fair-queue
 compress stac
 no cdp enable
 ppp authentication chap
 ppp multilink
!
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
dialer-list 1 protocol ipx permit
no cdp run

Here is the config of the 1700:

hostname clarendon2-gw
!
username clarendon password 7 011153094F0C01
!
!
ipx routing 0002.1761.29dd
ipx gns-response-delay 1500
isdn switch-type basic-net3
!
interface BRI0
 ip unnumbered FastEthernet0
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer idle-timeout 2000000
 dialer map ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx name clarendon broadcast
 dialer load-threshold 1 either
 dialer-group 1
 ipx network FEEDBEEF
 no ipx route-cache
 ipx watchdog-spoof
 isdn switch-type basic-net3
 no fair-queue
 compress stac
 no cdp enable
 ppp authentication chap
 ppp multilink
!
ip classless
no ip http server
!
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
dialer-list 1 protocol ipx permit
no cdp run
!
no scheduler allocate
end

What do you think???  Any advice, suggestions welcome and most appreciated!

Thanks...

Sam.