From: Sam Sneed [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 08:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: CCNA scoring [7:10407]

I passed CCNA yesterday with a 946/1000(there is no integer divisible by 65
that would give me this score so I know its curved).  I did not think I was
doing well throughout the exam yet I got a good score. When it started, I
was  told that you need 849/1000 based on a score that ranges between 300
and 1000. So is this graded on a curve? If I got 3 wrong would my score be
62/65= 954/1000? I don't think it works that way. I overstudied thinking I
needed at least 55/65 to pass but I do not think this was the case. Why
would they grade on a curve? If you can't answer 85% of the questions I
think you should fail.  Are the CCNP exams graded on this weird scale and as
easy to pass as well? I recieved my MCSE a few months ago and honestly think
the scenario questions on  those test were harder than any of the questions
on th CCNA.Coming from a Computer Science background at Rutgers, I can
guarantee the midterms and finals on my networking courses there were 100
times more challenging than these exams.I barely needed a pen and paper
throughout the whole CCNA.

 Anyway before I digress any further I just wanted to know how the grading
worked on the CCNP and the scores required to pass.

Thanks.

Sam Sneed
 CCNA # 3,324,567,892
  MSCE # 5,324,324,332