He forbids you to advertise default route to your peer for a VERY good
reason.  You really must listen to him and ask him why, so that you can
learn from him.

Because if you advertise default to your peer, and if your default route is
better than any other default route that your peer has, then any traffic
that they can't route goes to your network.  That could mean potentially a
LOT of traffic entering your network.  It's called becoming a transit area,
which you probably don't want to do.

Therefore, your manager is concerned that your WAN link will be overrun with
traffic from your peer.

Unless you're a core Internet backbone provider, you really don't want to
use the default-originate statement in any of your eBGP (peer-to-peer)
configurations.

-e-