I took the Cisco PIX Firewall Advanced exam this morning and passed it
with a minimumscore of 751.  The passing score is 751.  The exam contains
60 questions and you have 75minutes to complete it.  The exam does NOT
let you go back to previous questions.  Personally, I think this is one
of the most rediculous exams that I have taken in sometime.  I'veno
hand-on experiences with PIX.  I just read the documentation from Cisco
website in preparing for the exam.  The exam also asks about configuring
ACS for windows NT (whocares about that)?  It is very poorly written.
Almost half of the exam concentrate on applications that are running on
windows NT (against who cares) and not PIX related questions.  If you ask
me, I would tell you that a person like myself with no experience in PIX
should NOT pass this exam.  I would NOT recommend anyone to jump into
Cisco CCNP security track unless Cisco completely revamps the whole
security certification process.  If Cisco keeps doing this, it will
certainly dillute the value of  the security certification track.
Granted that I have been in the networking field for sometime; however,
as I've said earlier, I should NOT pass the exam without the PIX hand-on
experiences and just two days of preparation.  It is NOT right. If anyone
else has already taken this exam and have a different opinion, I would
love to hearfrom you. Sean