I am kind of a rook when it comes to BGP. Lots of reading from Halabi but
not alot of realy world experience. I have a customer that wants to set up
BGP . I know that you router has to have at least 64 mb of memory to run BGP
so I was thinking maybe like a 3640 or something like that. Also I know that
I have to obtain an AS number and have two paths to the internet. How hard
is it to get an AS number and what is the usual wait time to recieve it? I
also know that you have to work closely with your ISP's. Do I have to own my
own block of public IP addresses or can I use the ones from my ISP's and if
I only have IP's from one ISP should I use that as the main route? Am I
forgetting anything? Again I am a rookie when it comes to BGP so I could be
way off. Any kind of insight or direction would be great.  I appreciate the
help

Thanks