This question is destined to Howard, because it is in regards to his nice
OSPF tutorial on http://www.CertificationZone.com.

Under OSPF Hello Processing, you have an output from a router (Munster) for
the command show ip ospf int.

I have looked through that output, and there is something I do not
understand.

The Ethernet0/0 interface has no neighbors nor adjacent neighbors, hence
it's the DR of that network segment, and there are no BDR, because there are
no other routers to fullfill that job.

But, on the Serial0/0.2 interface, the router is working as a DROTHER (a non
DR/BDR router), and it has 1 neighbor and 1 adjacent neighbor, which I
believe are both the same router, and which is elected the DR.

There are no BDR on that network.

My question now is, if the router from where this output came from were one
out of only two on that network, why wasn't it elected BDR instead of
DROTHER?

Thanks,

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~