You need to worry about native vlans if you're doing
802.1q trunking.
It is trying to talk CDPv2 to the Alteons and probably
expecting something back. Just turn off CDP since you
won't need it with Alteons anyway. At least I don't
think so, unless Alteons do 802.1q trunking.
If they do, then probably it expects native vlan 1 or
something. Make sure your trunk to the device is on
vlan 1 or whatever the Alteon is set to. Turn off
trunking, change port vlan to 1, and then turn
trunking back on.

Michael Le, CCIE #6811

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/