I don't have your config, HW version, etc., so this could be off, but it
sounds like you are on a PIX, 5.1x or later.  Drop me a mail if you are
something else.

The issue you are running into is common and that is why on PIX IOS there is
a NAT 0 (don't NAT) command.

So, let's say you have access list 100 for your crypto list, you then do a
NAT 0 for the same list (i.e. do not NAT that which you intend to tunnel).
This would look like

nat (inside) 0 access-list 100

And that should solve your problem.

HTH,