Show ip route connected will show any networks that are directly connected
to a local interface.  If you can't ping the interface, then you have a
problem either locally or on the remote side of the link.

When you ping a local interface, the packet actually traverses the link,
then back, then across again, and then back again.  It's crazy, but that's
the way it works.  If you're experiencing any sort of line issues or if
things aren't configured correctly, pings to a local interface may fail.

HTH,
John

|  Hi all
|  We have eigrp network.
|  When I do "sh ip rou co" --- what ip address are those under "C"? it says
it
|  is directly connected. Then why couldn't I ping?
|  It is not local router's interface address, or remote router's serial
|  interface. Then what ip address ?
|  Thanks
|  JP

Send a cool gift with your E-Card