Can you help  me understand what is DMZ ....... any good documentation
?>From:
"Sammi" >Reply-To: "Sammi" >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: DMZ Basics
[7:10970] >Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 06:49:59 -0400 > >Hello all, > >I'd like
to setup a DMZ in the near future and am still pondering >purchase of a
PIX box. >Our interface to the outside world is through a Cisco 1600. >
>So the DMZ would go: > >1600 -> PIX -> ? -> ISA box (microsoft
proxy/firewall) > >I know I don't want the PIX talking directly to the
ISA, but not too >clear what I'm going to put in between, and why
(functionality). Our >webpages are hosted off site by a third party, I
would want to keep my >mail server inside right? I would like to set up
VPN in the future, >should it go through the box between the firewalls?
>The DMZ doesn't simply double the challenge does it? As in "ok, you >got
through one firewall, now try the next". > >Any enlightenment greatly
misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]