my 0.02  Get another degree in business, couple that with your 20 years in
the navy, and you have an excellent sell for management in an IT company,
especially large ones.  You'll make more money than you would be messing
with routers.  Or be a project manager to start out, have the glut of
certified people working for you.  There are alot of certified people
running around these days with all the lay offs.