This will only answer one of your questions:

The Ethernet version of the 2523 is the 2522. It has all the same specs, but
Ethernet instead of TokenRing. Note thought, that it's 10BaseT, so whatever
Ethernet device you connect it to must be able to speak 10mbps Ethernet. If
it's a 10/100 auto detect switch (witch most of them are now a days), you
wont have any problems.

If you look up 2500 series routers on http://www.cisco.com, you might find
some other 2500 series routers that you can use, if you do not need all the
interfaces that the 2522/2523 has.

For that matter, you can use other routers that the 2500 series - spend a
little time on Cisco's site to see what you really need.

Hth,

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Ole Drews Jensen