If they are on 2 different subnets, then both devices must have a path set
to send packets detined for anything not local.

Just like 2 pc's on two logical networks can not talk to each other even if
they are on 1 physical network.

the default gateway must be set on both devices.

Or maybe we still haven't cleared the details yet?

try "set ip route default " where ip address is the router between the two
networks. (or the ip address doing the routing for you in the 5505)

-Patrick

>>> "khramov"  07/09/01 05:33PM >>>
I've got a sc interface config on 5505.
New switch is on a diffrent subnet but I can ping RSM that is on the same
subnet
as sc on 5505.
I do have a default route config on 2900