This didnt go yesterday for some reason.... :(

---------------------- Forwarded by Peter McCracken/DMR/CA on 10/07/2001
09:41 ---------------------------

Peter McCracken
09/07/2001 18:05

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:

Subject:  WAN Channelised Connectivity

Hi Folks,

I am trying to get my head round the following scenario and I need some
advice about the
way this normally approached.

Picture one central site and forty odd branch sites. The central site is
equipped with a Cisco
7206 router which I assume has the appropiate channelised adapter
installed. The remote sites
are equipped with 2 Cisco 2611 routers which are connected back to the main
site via channelised
e1 connections to faciliate high availability. Sites have bandwidth of
128/256 K.

The queries I have are :

(a) I assume that each router at the remote sites will have a channelised
e1 connection... if we allocate
256K to that site... how are the routers configured.... do I have two e1
connections going to the respective
routers with a bandwidth of 128K on each..... or do i have two e1
connections going to the respective routers
with 256K allocated to the one connection to be transferred to the second
connection if the first fails.

Also if i have a 128K connection to each router as i suggested first.... if
one of these routers fails... can
the second router pickup to 256K or are am I stuck with the 128K only.....

As you can see I am a bit confused about how this works.....

But... I think we go something like this....

I think that each of the routers has a channelised E1 connection. If we
allocate 256K to that particular site,
we would allocate each connection 128K of bandwidth and load balance.... In
the event of one of the routers
failing we would have to work with 128K until the router was brough back
online.....

To summarize... can some kind soul explain to me how this works (using
small words and visual aids)   =),
have i got the gist in the paragraph above, and can you point me to any
good refs on the web for this stuff..
I havent been able to find the rite material on cisco's site..... yet......

Your help and assistance is very much appreciated....

Kind Regards, Peter.