I understand split horizon and poison reverse.  I was just wondering how
you might apply those tools to a link state protocol like OSPF.  It's my
understanding that they are used in DV protocols only and are not
necessary in LS protocols.

John

>>> "Dennis H"  7/10/01 7:12:11 AM >>>
Here's a link which might be of use... It describes split horizon
which
means a router will not advertise a route back out the same interface
that
it was learned from.  Poison reverse is similar except it WILL
advertise the
route as unreachable back through the same interface it was learned
from (as
opposed to not advertising it).

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/service/knowledge/wan/subifs.htm

Dennis