David, try this URL

It's the Novell SAP service list.  Pretty comprehensive but may not include
some stuff written for NetWare 5 (which usually runs native IP anyway but
can also has an IPX "compatibility mode" that may put out SAPs).

HTH

>>> "David L Miller"  07/10/01 03:45PM >>>
Sorry to break the flow..  I was hoping to tap into the brain power here a
little bit..

As most in the network troubleshooting field know, packet analysis can be
lots and lots of fun!!

That is until you run into new protocols or obscure protocols with unknown
sub-fields / codes..

Does anyone know of a good (recent) list of IPX/SPX [SAP] sockets?   Note:
Yes, I do have Laura's IPX/SPX Lan Wan analysis book.. (Very good book by
the way!)

Novell is soooooo very tight with giving out that information because it is
"proprietary".. ahhemm..  sorry..   But I know there are others who have
slaved and pined their way to get detailed information about it..  If they
have or are willing to contribute  that information it must be collected and
compiled somewhere!

Please, if anyone knows of lists or compilations of  IPX/SPX [SAP] sockets
and their corresponding functions could they let me know? (The newer the
better!)

thanks so much.. it would be really appreciated..

      Dave