David,

  Search the archives..  Howard answered this question on numerous
occasions so there should be a lot good info there.

Nigel.

>From: "Daniel Wilson" >Reply-To: "Daniel Wilson" >To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: ASN -- Unique routing policy [7:12267]
>Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:05:58 -0400 > >Please pardon another newbie
question. But to get an ASN from ARIN, we >need, not only to be
mulithomed, but also to explain that we have a "unique >routing policy"
that differs from that of our provider. > >Does simply having 2 different
providers with whom we intend to do BGP >peering for redundancy & load
sharing constitute a "unique routing policy"? >Or is there something else
that ARIN is looking for? > >Thanks! > >-- >Daniel Wilson >CompuSoft
Solutions and The Worthwhile Company http://www.worthwhile.com >Your
misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]