I think you might want to take a look at this link.   Is it possible that
you don't have a "script reset" defined under the aux line which tells
the interface how to deal with the line when it drops the connection.
Also, you could check to see if your modem is already defined in the
modemcap database in which case the "modem autoconfigure discovery"
should provide you with the initialization string for your particular
modem.  Running a "debug confmodem" would display those settings...

here's a couple good links... to always know...

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/PSP/index.pl?i=Technologies#Access

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/PSP/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:ASYNC

HTH

Nigel

>From: "Hire, Ejay>Reply-To: "Hire, Ejay" >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: RE: Problems with callback using a rotary interface? [7:12259]
>Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:09:37 -0400 > >Couple of things. > >1. Debug
modemcap and make sure it's sending &c1&d2 as part of the config >string.
>2. Check your dial Chat string. If it contains ATZ, then that will
>override the at&c1&d2. If it does contain ATZ, then change it to
>At&f&c1&d2^M >3. If neither of these fixes it, add "pulse-time 5" to
your dialer >interface. It's possible the router isn't dropping dtr for
long enough to >clear the line. > >-Ejay >-----Original Message-----
>From: nrf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] >Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001
7:15 AM >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: Problems with callback using
a rotary interface? [7:12259] > > >Hope you don't mind me sending you all
my problems I find in my lab. Maybe >you can use them as a learning tool
- 'weird' ISP-Dial problems which you >may also encounter in the lab. >
>So I am trying to set up modem to modem PPP callback between a PC and a
>router Aux port. Everything is cool when I put all the configurations on
>the router's async interface. The router calls back, and it works fine.
> >Then I try to do callback using a rotary-group (interface dialer 1).
This >does not work. The router attempts to callback, but is
unsuccessful. I do >debug dialer, and I get this: > >DDR: Callback timer
expired >01:57:19: Di1 DDR: beginning callback to PC 102 >01:57:19: Di1
DDR: No interface available for callback to PC 102 >01:57:19: DDR:
Freeing callback to PC 102 > >So I believe the problem is that somehow
the async interface is never >released from the rotary group, so when the
callback is attempted, the >rotary-group thinks that there are no are no
free async interfaces, and the >callback fails. > >Anyone know of a way
to speed up the release of the async interface from the >rotary-group or
perhaps to increase the callback time-out so that this does >not happen?
misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]