What version did you upgrade to?

I have ciscworks cd-one 2nd edition and I have a tremendous amounts of
problems.  I have most of them worked out through trial and error, but I
have been working on them for quite a while.  I don't have a service
contract yet and that has been the major problem.  I was also running
CiscoWorks on a single processor (450MHZ) with 512 meg of ram and it was
sooooo slow!!  I am now using a dual gig processor and 1 gig of memory
machine and it is a lot faster.

One of things that I believe is important when setting up Ciscoworks is you
only have to set the CW2000 daemon manager to automatic under services on a
nt machine and set the rest of the CW2000 services (cw2000 ani database,
cw2000 cmf database, cw2000 essentials, etc...) to manual.  The Ciscoworks
software will automatically start the daemon manager service which in turn
will start the rest of the CW2K services.

If you have all of your CW2K services set to automatic then the Ciscoworks
software will try to start them once the daemon manager is turned on and
then windows NT will try to start them as well, which causes a conflict.

Thanks

Stan Rossetti

NASA - PriSMS
Advanced Technology Group