From: Phil Barker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 July 2001 12:45
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: WAN link funnies - UP UP but no comms- on same subnet!!!
[7:12778]

Andrew,
     From what you say your remote end is working fine
both in Tx and Rx and your Tx is working fine since
remote end sees your cdp. Your Rx appears to be the
problem. Have you tried swapping out your local Serial
cable ? What about 'sh int serial xxx' to check your
pins ? DCD RTS etc.

regards,

Phil.
 --- Andrew Larkins
wrote: > HI all,

> Strange problem here.
>
> The serial interface are UP UP on both sides, but we
> are not able to ping
> each other  - even though directly connected. A
> "debug ip ICMP" on the
> remote site shows the ping coming through and
> replying, but the reply never
> gets back.
> Also the remote site saw my router using CDP, but I
> do not see him.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> I believe this is Telco related, but the line shows
> clean from the interface
> stats
>
> Andrew
[EMAIL PROTECTED]