The market conditions are really depressing right now but that does not mean
that people
give up their dreams and stop working towards them . If you look at  all the
certifications like CNE and MCSE they all had their better days and anyone
who had them
was king but not anymore .That is the certification market  for you . Every
certification has a life and it is upto the Company to give its
certification a longer
life by making it more and more difficult and I guess Cisco has done a
commendable job
on that for the past 8 years but I think what cisco needs right now is more
people using
thier products out their in the market so that they don't get crushed by the
competition
. So with that said , teh CCIE might still be able to get you in a lot of
positions and
then its upto you . Just my 2 cents

Jaspreet