From: Munoz, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 10:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Question on Cat5k [7:12836]

I am looking to purchase a Catalyst switch for my department to play with.
I have found the deal from Optsys with Cat5k Sup1 and WS-X5010 Blade but am
wondering about the capabilities of the switch..  Apparently the WS-X5010 is
24pt 10MBS as mentioned to me by Brad..  Assuming that I have a router with
FastEthernet capabilities to run ISL, would the switch be able to handle
this since the blade is not able to run 100mbs?
I just want to make a good purchase for our lab..  At this time, we do not
have any catalyst equipment.

Thanks all for your help!

Mike Munoz