From: SH Wesson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 5:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: BRI state [7:12802]

I have a question regarding BRI state. The following is a capture of my
"show isdn status":

ISDN BRI4/0 interface
dsl 24, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni
Layer 1 Status:
ACTIVE
Layer 2 Status:
TEI = 88, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
TEI = 97, Ces = 2, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
TEI 88, ces = 1, state = 5(init)
spid1 configured, spid1 sent, spid1 valid
Endpoint ID Info: epsf = 0, usid = 0, tid = 1
TEI 97, ces = 2, state = 5(init)
spid2 configured, spid2 sent, spid2 valid
Endpoint ID Info: epsf = 0, usid = 1, tid = 1
Layer 3 Status:
0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
Activated dsl 24 CCBs = 0
The Free Channel Mask: 0x80000003

Notice that a few lines down the "state = 5(init)" and it's also in the same

state for the other channel. Doesn't that have to be in a "established"
state to use the line. I know that Cisco docs say that if the state is a
"init" or "established" that the line is good. I know that it's good, but
can't dial out for some reason and wanted to know if that was it and what
the exact meaning of the init state is and if there's a way to bring it to
an established state. Do a clear int bri4/0 didn't do it either. Any
suggestions will be appreciated.
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/