I've had a lot of experience with all three firewalls.

A pix is a great firewall if you want something fast and quick to install,
but not with all the fancy bells and whistles.  It's more like a box u
install in a customers site that they don't go near unless they need
something specific.  Bad points, well one bad point is logs, the pix's
logging capabilities are pretty poor, and the logs pretty much un-readable
to the average non-techie type.  In addition because of the sync calbes for
pixes u can't have a high availability solution that spans two buildings,
they must be physically close.  and its cheap

Checkpoint/guantlet on the other hand being GUI front ends (yes I know u can
use pdf and cspm with the pix) are more prone to customer tinkering.  On the
other hand Checkpoint has fantastic logging, a really easy to set up client
to site VPN, decent built in High avialability and lots of other features...
server load balancing etc. but can be very expensive

Guantlet has moved to ver6, which currently only runs on Solaris or HPux,
don't let them fool u it only runs on Solaris8  BUT in 32 bit mode (caught
me out) and on HPux in 64 bit mode.  I believe there are plans to run it on
W2K in the future.  I can say that Guantlet Ver6 is much improved to ver5.5,
it's gui has been redesigned to resemble a checkpoint type, way better
logging format (easy to read) and it's packet filtering and proxying rules
are on the same page.  and is also  very expensive.

All in all, I think pix's are the greatest, cheap, fast and effective. but
it really depends
on what your requirements are.  If you need accountabality, traceability I
believe the logging of the other two, and specifically checkpoint will be
your best choice.