If possible can you help me.
I am aware that with a switched  network it is theoretically possible to use
100% port utilisation as you do not have to worry about any contention on
the network. However is this only a theoretical limit because of the need to
take into consideration other overheads ?
Does this mean that if your ports are averaging say 90 % utilisation over a
sustained period would this impact on the performance of the network. Or if
users are happy with the speed of the network should I worry about the fact
that I would be using 90 % utilisation on the port.
I have heard a figure of 60 % utilisation on a switched  network should be
the maximum allowed before considering upgrading the bandwidth or
implementing traffic management ?
Is this true ?
Thanks
Matt_Corp