if you are config. for a voice E1, then DSP resource is needed.

quote
Q. How is DSP resource sharing across High-Density Voice network modules
(NM-HDV) and Fast Ethernet Mixed Media network modules (NM-xFE2W) carried
out across the Cisco 3660 backplane?

A. First of all, NM-HDV provides the spare DSPs and NM-xFE2W or other NM-HDV
use the spare DSPs in a Cisco 3660 platform. Spare DSPs on NM-HDV to voice
channels on NM-xFE2W or other NM-HDV are statically mapped at configuration
time. The following should be noted during DSP resource sharing
configuration on a MIX-enabled Cisco 3660 platform:
-Each NM-HDV can be configured to participate in DSP Resource Pool or not
-If not enough DSPs are left on a NM-HDV, the configuration of the
ds0/pri-group will not succeed
-All NM-HDVs and NM-xFE2W participating in the DSP Resource Pool must be
synchronized to the same clock
-All NM-HDVs that participate in the DSP Resource Pool should be configured
with the same codec complexity
-NM-HDVs need not be a PDVM for the DSP Resource Pool functionality to
operate

unquote
Eric Lam