Sorry to bother you all.  I lost Internet connectivity
at home.  I need this fixed so that I can download and
practice BOSON test before my scheduled BSMSN exam on
Monday.

I had "redundant links" configured at home:

1. Using Sprint Broadband Wireless as my primary
connection
2. Using AT&T Global Dialer as my backup - use it
maybe once every two months.
(OS: Windows 2000 Professional)

But both of them stopped working.  Here is what
happened.  When everything was working (slowly), I
tried to speed it up.  I uninstalled TCP/IP protocol
and reinstalled it.  This is all I did.  After
reinstalling TCP/IP, my Sprint Broadband stopped
working.  Here are the symptoms:

1. I can ping Internet IP addresses but HTTP by IP
address does not work (so not an DNS issue)
2. HTTP by IP not working with Netscape error message
"Netscape was unable to create a network socket
connection.  There may be insufficient system
resources or the network may be down."
3. FTP does not work with error message "Can't create
socket - no winsock present."

I then tried AT&T Global Dialer.  It gets connected
but can't get authenticated saying "waiting for
authentication."

Sprint checked my cable modem.  They said it's a
workstation issue - not a network problem.  Sounds
familiar?

I called my company helpdesk for workstation support.
He suggested deleting AT&T Global dialer icon and
rebooting PC.  He also said Uninstalling TCP/IP on
Windows 2000 is very troublesome.  I may have to
reinstall Windows 2000 to fix the problem.  He doesn't
know any other way to fix "winsock" issue on Windows
2000.

I believe it's a workstation issue: corrupted or
missing files.  But I don't know how to fix it.   The
workstation and all other applications are working
fine.  Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

J.  Li

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/