Hi Group,

Any thoughts pertaining to this ??

There are 2 locations connected via fast ethernet . Both locations have 7507
routers.

There is a need to replicate files among these two locations . But it seems
that the transfer is very slow.

So In order to speed up the transfer, our AS400 system administrator has
tried to change the buffer size in the AS400.

at default 8K the transfer is slow, at 1M the transfer is the fastest, and
at maximum 8M the transfer is quite slow. During
all these changes, the Dark-Fiber FE utilization remained below 25%.

Would like to know how to maximum the AS400 usage for the FE link without
affecting other traffics that also need
to flow from these two locations.

Why does the transfer slow down when the AS400 buffer size was set to
maximum 8M. I thought the router would just send whatever as long the link
is
not "fully" utilised. Are there any  parameters/settings  apart from
priority list/queuing that we could configure at the router to help to
expedite
the transfer.

Thanks...