Group, What is the best way to calculate collision %
on a 10BaseT ethernet port on a Catalyst 5000/5500?

Now, I have my own formula, and it is what I came up
with after looking at CCO for the way a Catalyst 5000
counts collisions. According to Cisco, it appears
that:

a single collision is only 1 collision (does this
include the multi and excessive collisions?)
a multiple collision is when the same transmitted
frame encounters more than one collision (So, if a
frame encounters 2 or more (Or is it 2-15?)collisions
it will increment the counter up by 1.
and excessive collisions are collisions of more than
16 in a row with the same tx frame.

So, is it as simple as using the total tx frames
(uni,multi,broadcasts) / single collisions x100?

Or do you have to do something like what I came up
with, which is

single collisions + (multi collisions X 3) + excessive
collisions X 16) + Late Collisions / Total tx frames X
100

Multiple collisions are somewhere from 2-15 and "3"
was chosen as a guess on ports with no excessive
collisions. Most of the ports (about 200) that
encountered multiple collisions did not detect any
excessive collisions. Only about 30 saw both. On
those, I chose "5". The good news is that I have
mostly full-duplex ports, so I don't have to worry
about those.

Thanks,
Phyrz
CCNP