(I'm resending due to the trouble the list server had yesterday....)

Check out bug id# CSCdm69595
There are several others but they don't show up on CCO (Cisco keeps some
bugs private)
Essentially hw compression mungs up multicast data on 2600/3600 serial
interfaces. They say it was fixed in latter releases of 12.07 so you may
want to try one of the 12.1 images...
A few other multicast issues I've learned the hard way...

Early versions of the 2621 router will not pass multicast traffic through
the on board ethernet interfaces (Bug ID CSCdm38511 ) Only fix is a router
swap. My office looked like a warehouse for a while we were shipping so many
2621s back to Cisco

Multicast fast switching (ip mroute-cache) doesn not yet work with hardware
compression (Bug ID CSCdt82560) This has not been fixed as of 12.2x. So if
you are tring to save CPU by hardware compressing the multicast data you
lose CPU by not being able to fast switch.

I recall at least one 30 hour marathon with TAC hopping from various TAC
centers worldwide. As far as I recall the 2621 hardware issue was already
known at Cisco but the problem with hardware compression (both the munging
of data and the fast switching issue) were only discovered when a customer
(unfortunately me) tried to do it.....

Bob