I totally agree. There is definitely no one book that will get you through
the CCIE. I have my CCNP and used all Cisco Press books to get it. I'm still
learning new things when picking up the CCIE level books so pickup whatever
you can get your hands on and don't believe these "all in one" CCIE books.
Just remember that all troubleshooting problems are resolved by one acronym
...PEBCAK       Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard
Good luck to everybody in their certifications