Hello Group,

I've been doing some research on BGP Route Reflectors. What I'm looking to
design is a topology where all sites are Route Reflector clients to a site
which is designated as the Route Reflector.

All sites have dual routers for redundancy, including the site designated as
the Route Reflector. So what I'm trying to work out is how the BGP topology
will look like, and who will need to be clients with who. The obvious
solution is to make all sites to be Route Reflector clients of both routers
in the site designated as the Route Reflector. If one of the Route Reflector
routers goes down, the other one will still have all the other sites as
Route Reflector clients. Or if one of the dual routers of the Route
Reflector clients goes down, the other router will still be a route
reflector client.

I was hoping there was a simpler solution where both Route Reflector clients
don't have to be clients of both routers. Could only one router of the Route
Reflector client be the client, and have that router transfer BGP routes to
the other router?

It would be great if I was pointed to some sources. I've got Halabi's BGP
book, so feel free to reference that book for examples.

Thanks

Albert