I'm studying for CID course and i've the CID book,but i find on Cisco site
about CID some topics that aren't covered in the book that's with me like:
 1- VPN architecture,benefits and security.
2- Describe the PCM process for encoding an analog signal into a digital
stream of 1s and 0s
3- Define local loops, trunks, and interswitch communications
4- Describe the types of PSTN signaling methods
5- Describe voice signaling types
6- Identify key voice over packet network design considerations
7- Describe the phases of an IP Telephony call

So what's wrong with my book?? Is there a new edition for the CID book
covering those topics.
My edition is 2000.