Hi folks (especially German-speakers)

Could someone give me comments on the following paragraph I found myself
writing for a project. I'm mostly looking for feedback on whether the
German is correct. THANK-YOU!!

"A VLAN is a broadcast domain. Members of a VLAN hear each others'
broadcast frames. They do not hear broadcast frames from devices in a
different VLAN. The exception is the case where devices in different VLANs
share the same physical wire or hub. In this case, the devices hear each
others' broadcasts because a shared wire or hub transmits all messages.

Consider what happens when you yell out your window in German, "Ich bin ein
Dumkoff." All your neighbors hear this announcement, even if they don't
speak German. Perhaps your intention is that only those neighbors in your
logical group (VLAN of German speakers) hear the message. In this case you
need to use switching technology rather than a hub or shared wire. You can
give your message to your mailman (switch software) and ask him to deliver
the message to all German speakers in the neighborhood. The mailman
delivers the message to German speakers on your street and also other
streets. (The broadcast goes to all devices in the VLAN.) Members of the
VLAN may be German speakers on your street (your switch) or on other
streets (different switches), depending on the VLAN configurations on
switches in the network."

Danke schon. (Sorry, I don't know how to do umlauts. ;-)

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com