If I am NOT mistaken, you can remote manage Cisco Secure from a browser;
however, it uses http which mean everything goes in the clear (username
and password).  I strongly suggest that you tunnel X- via SSH from your
PC to the solaris box to manage your Cisco Secure.  It is much safer that
way.

>From: "nrf" >Reply-To: "nrf" >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: UNIX
Ciscosecure - why can't I get the Java console working? [7:14227] >Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:38:13 -0400 > >I got Ciscosecure 2.3(5) running on my
Solaris workstation here. Everything >works OK, except for this: >
>Apparently, I cannot get to the Java Administrator console to come up on
any >Windows PC, although I can get it to work on the Solaris workstation
that >Ciscosecure is installed on. I can get to the other administration
pages >from the Windows PC as long as those pages do not require Java.
But as soon >as I try to get into all the advanced configuration stuff
(clicking on >Advanced, and then Advanced again), the PC tries to
download Java, and then >a box pops up saying how there is a Java
security error, and then the >browser immediately logs me out. This never
happens when I am on the >Solaris workstation that Ciscosecure is
installed on, only when I use remote >PC's. I have tried Windows 2k,
windows 98, NT, windows 95, and I have used >various browsers - new IE,
old IE, old Netscape, etc. I have turned off all >Java security, and
nothing works, I always get the same stupid security >error. > >So the
upshot is that I cannot administer my Ciscosecure remotely, only at >the
workstation itself (I suppose I could monitor it remotely through
>X-Windows). But supposedly one of the features of Solaris Ciscosecure is
>that it can be administered through a browser interface at a remote PC.
misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]