From: Patrick Ramsey
To: ;
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: Probobly a stupid question.... [7:14273]

You mean 2000 servers accessing the internet via dynamic nat?  Or you have
2000 static translations inbound?  And when you say "server interface" do
you mean the ethernet interface on the router that the servers are beihind?
Set up maybe like a DMZ?

I mean, you can certainly set up your DSL connection to be established and
pull an ip address automagically if that is what your isp supports.

Give us a little bit more detail on your goals.

-Patrick

>>> "Guy Russell"  07/30/01 05:47PM >>>
Is it possible to set up NAT on a router for DSL, allowing the DSL side
connection to receive a DHCP generated address??

I have been running 2000 server Nat, and using my DSL connection with no
problems, but would like to remove the server interface completely...