Paul, you could do us all a great service by blasting this guy off the list:

Your message

  Subject: RE: access list w/ prime numbers [7:14117]

was not delivered to:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

because:

  User r wilewski (r wilewski@ibmpl) not listed in public Name & Address
Book

it's been going on for months now.

Chuck
who thoroughly appreciates all you have done for all of us.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Paul Borghese
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 2:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Suggested changes to the e-mail format of Grou [7:14263]

Ok, what about [EMAIL PROTECTED] for [EMAIL PROTECTED] .  This will
"look" legitimate and should be obvious.

The only problem I have with this idea is in Outlook Express the actual
e-mail address is hidden if a name is used.  In order to edit the e-mail
address, you need to view the properties, copy the e-mail address, then
paste the e-mail address in the to: field.  People may find this to be
cumbersome and annoying.  Plus many, many people will forget.  As of now, I
have not received a single negative comment about the idea.

Idea #2:
How about prepending a line to the message that says something like:

Posters e-mail address is: paul98-at-nobody.com

and leave the reply address blank/invalid.  So if you press reply or
reply-all you send a reply back to the list.  You need to manually type in
the e-mail address from the text in the e-mail to reply to the sender.
Again cumbersome but more obvious.

Idea#3:
Close the list and force people to use their real name to join.  Maybe
charge a nominal fee forcing the subscriber to give a credit card or some
other type of identification.

Again, this issue is with people posting via the mailing list or newsfeed.
You may always read/reply to this group from a webpage and bypass these
problems.  The webpage subscription page offers you the ability to type in
two e-mail addresses.  One for validation/subscription usage and the second
as the from: address when posting the message.  You can simply choose to
give an invalid from: address or not supply any address at all.

Take care,

Paul