Just to add a point to Priscilla's excellent explanation - in one sense,
you don't implement "queueing technologies".  If a packet has to wait to be
transmitted, it will be queued (or dropped, if you have nowhere to queue
it).
What you can configure is not really how the packets are queued, but how
they are de-queued.  You can let it default (in which case it will either
use First In First Out (FIFO) queueing, or Weighted Fair Queueing,
depending on the interface), or you can configure what Cisco seems to call
"fancy queueing", which means priority queueing, custom queueing, or
anything else other than the default.
If it's a "fast" link, then the extra processing time taken to classify the
packets and de-queue them in the correct order outweighs the time they
would be waiting - it's generally quicker to just do FIFO queueing.
However on a "slow" link the benefits of implementing some form of
prioritisation are a lot greater.  The definition of "slow" and "fast" has
been changing over time - I seem to recall that Cisco used to recommend
that queueing be allowed to default on links with a speed greater than 512
Kbps.

And regarding the modem question, I'm no modem guru but I think it's AT&F
to load the factory configuration.

JMcL
---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 31/07/2001

"Priscilla Oppenheimer" @groupstudy.com on 31/07/2001
03:27:15 am

Please respond to "Priscilla Oppenheimer"

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]