Hi Adam ,
        Some of the books I had used before starting for the preparation for
CCNA were

 1) Internetwork Technology Handbook
 2) Understanding data communication by Gilbert held
 3) Understanding the network
 4) Routing TCP/IP by Jeff Doyle

   Go thru the Universe CD  on the Cisco web site as well and after that I
had started referring to the Todd Lamelle and Cisco press books for the test
, it took me the longest time to prepare for this test , but once u r thru
with ur foundation it does not take a long time for other CCNP and designing
track .

regards,

Navin K Parwal

--
Navin K Parwal
CCDP , CCNP , MCSE , CIW Assosiate

              Who dares to teach must never cease to learn